Sunday, February 15, 2009

HDR and Monopods


reef plantwall 0272, originally uploaded by brookville.

Reef Street contains a wall of plants on the north side between Pacific and Speedway. I wanted to see if I could get the detail clear as there was only a slight breeze.

I was shooting with the camera mounted on a monopod which is really better suited for sports photography rather than HDR. Unless it's planted into some dirt, it's too easy to tilt it and this of course creates alignment problems at HDR creation time.

It as just an experiment but I learned it's not the way to go. Surf Photography - Yes - a monopod is a nice tool. HDR - No.

I only ended up with 4 exposures I could use ranging from -4 through +2 which of course made the image gamma a little darker than I wanted.

I used CHDK's autobracketing function and noticed some problems there too. So I once again updated my CHDK firmware operating system after this series of shots.

CHDK - HDR - Still learning.

Oh I did tonemap in Photomatix including popping the gamma back up to where it should have been to begin with.

No comments:

Post a Comment