Monday, February 9, 2009

BROOKVILLE ON THE LEFT COAST



I was dashing to the corner in between the rains with my ancient point and shoot G7 not really expecting the sun to pop through the clouds the way it did. The street as you can see was flooded as was part of the walk street I shot this at. It made a nice reflective surface.

I didn't expect to do an HDR shoot when all I went out for was drinking water. There happened to be a couple of short posts at the end of the walk street to keep cars off the sidewalk. I used one to steady the camera. CHDK's latest compile has a bracketing option that allows you to shoot continuously and with each shot in a set, raises or lowers the exposure by the stops you specify. It also adds RAW files to the point and shoot but in this case I forgot to set it and ended up with 5 jpegs. Like I wrote above I really wasn't prepared for this.

I stopped a few more times on the way to the corner. In most cases there were 5-6 pictures taken. More walk streets to come as I process the pics I took.

1 comment: