Monday, February 9, 2009

Hand held point and shoot HDR



About 20 minutes after sundown I stopped to reshoot an HDR I had done badly the night before on a walk street in Marina Del Rey. I used a Canon G7 hacked with CHDK. It autobrackets and increases and decreases the exposure in the interval set up in the CHDK menu. I realize the G7 will autobracket exposures for 3 shots up to +2 and -2 but CHDK allows me to set larger intervals and the increase and decrease is NOT limited to 2 stops.

I had a little trouble with the hand held part the night before and Photomatix, Artizen and Photoshop did poorly with my poor alignment effort. So I used a post tonight. However the post was flimsy and I didn't fare much better. Photomatix couldn't generate a decent HDR with the 5 frames, but Photoshop did.

I took the photshop result back into Photomatix and tonemapped it there. I like the street and I should redo it with a tripod.

No comments:

Post a Comment