Thursday, February 12, 2009

lighthouse 0081


lighthouse 0081, originally uploaded by brookville.

I took this group of shots 10-15 minutes before sunset in between the rains February 5, 2009. I originally shot about 7 or 8 as I recall using CHDK's hacked autobracket option for the Canon G7. It autobrackets and increases and decreases the exposure in the interval set up in the CHDK menu. I set the interval to 2 stops which means on the third interation I am now at +6 and -6 or way past what is necessary. My last two shots were all black and all white. I kept the first 4.

The colors were bouncing off the water creating all sorts of colored light patterns in the clouds. I hadn't intended to take pictures as I was just going to the corner for drinking water. I couldn't pass this up and was stopping on every street. There was no post on this street so I had to brace the camera against my stomache. It's hard to stand still and not breathe while the autobracket sequence continues to change on each shot.

I made tht HDR from the 4 handheld exposures I kept. They were in JPG format, though the Canon G7 hacked with CHDK willl do RAW files. I wasn't prepared and didn't have it set and didn't know until I got home, so this entire set was made from multiple jpg's. Not optimal I know but it still worked.

Tonemapping in Photomatix and Photoshop. The colors were there in the street for the original shot though. Great time of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment