Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Pink Skies In January.

Looking east over the Los Angeles basin during the last hours of daylight often shows a pink ambience to the sky and city beneath it.

fisherman's village moonrise 3627

It happens every winter in Los Angeles. It's caused by a combination of recurring events. The sun's position changes during the year as we all know and in the winter it is at its southern most position. The sun sets around 5pm in Los Angeles in January and still before 6 in February. That combined with the suns rays travelling through the atmosphere and the dirt in Los Angeles' atmosphere produces this pink color this time of year.

This is from January 10 of this year.

moonrise

It is the same every year. This is college crew team rowing in the same area in January of 2007.

College crew team practice 6948

Actually it's not just January but early February as well. Here's one from February of 2008.

iraq memorial 5325

This was shot on the back of the Santa Monica Pier. The crosses on the beach are for the dead U.S. soldiers in Iraq. This is about the sky though and NOT intended as a political statement. There are other blogs for politics all over the internet. All I was intending here was to show the eastern Los Angeles sky as being pink in the winter.

White balance does come into play of course as I tend shoot on the blue side more often than not. However warming up the white balance only makes it appear more towards orange but pink just the same.

A little bit on processing - generally I use photomatix to generate HDR's unless the alignment is terribly off, then I use Photoshop CS4. In the last two I used lightroom to generate multiple EV's for the HDR as each was a single RAW file. All were tonemapped in photomatix and edited in photoshop for exposure, sharpness and noise removal.

3 comments:

  1. Get your lover back urgent effective love spell to win and get ex back my advise reveal you all to contact Dr Ogudugu for a genuine love spell on greatogudugu@gmail.com that work fast. here is my relationship story. my boyfriend told me it was over and walk away without any reasons, I was confuse and didn't know what to do. I was desperate, I want him back, I went over the internet looking for ways to get my boyfriend back. I read about many different ways of how to get ex back, but Dr Ogudugu caught my attention. I immediately contacted him and explained my problem to him. It was amazing and surprising that 11hrs after the urgent love spell was cast, my boyfriend called me and was begging me to forgive him and accept him back, Couldn't believe, but later after he came to my house and fell on his knees asking me to take him back am so happy that my love is back again. I am testifying on this forum just to let people know that Dr Ogudugu is real and genuine. don't hesitate to try him out. thank you Dr Ogudugu you are truly talented and gifted genuine spell caster. Contact him now if you need your girlfriend/boyfriend back or your girlfriend moved on to another man, do not cry anymore .. Dr Ogudugu is here to help out in relationship problem coz problem share is problem solve.
    Email him at.... greatogudugu@gmail.com
    whatsapp...+27663492930

    ReplyDelete
  2. GET PERSONAL LOAN INSTANTLY http://bit.ly/2IxASxz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Allresulthub.com is an independent education & employment news portal. We provide the latest news updates of education for students and job seekers in Bangladesh. We strive to provide you with error-free articles that are full of information and statistics. Our aim is to provide quality & factual information and a great user experience.
    1. SSC Exam Result & HSC Exam Result
    2. SSC Exam Result 2021 & HSC Exam Result 2021
    3. SSC Exam Result 2021 & HSC Exam Result 2021
    4. Admit Card for the Examination
    5. Govt Jobs, Bank Jobs, Defence Jobs, NGO Jobs, Private Jobs
    6. Admission Result
    7. Primary Admit Card
    8. SSC Exam Result 2021
    9. Job Circular Exam Result

    ReplyDelete